Who doesn't want glowing pink lips? Most of us girls love to wear lip colors that may come in various forms but to get a perfect pout without taking care of our lips isn’t really possible. Change in temperature, dehydration, exposure to the sun, pollution, etc tends to damage our lips, making them look flaky, discolored, chapped, or dry. Even your favorite lipstick or lip gloss end up damaging your lips. Isn't that a beauty nightmare for you? Well, we’ve all been there! Here’s what you can adopt as a lip care routine that can give you naturally healthy lips.
But before we tell you what that is let us talk about core reasons for lips being damaged.
Reasons Lips Become Dry
The first step should be to find out why your lips are dry in the first place. The more we research this question, the more we realize that we all end up doing everything that ultimately makes lips drier.
- Exposure: No matter how healthy, our lips are covered with a thin layer of skin and even a small amount of environmental exposure can cause dry and chapped lips. To protect your lips, make it a point to apply a lip balm and add a layer of protection or cover it up with a scarf when exposed to the Sun.
- Dehydration: How often do you drink water? Dry and chapped lips are a common sign of dehydration and one of the best solutions is drinking enough water, limiting your caffeinated beverages intake, and eating more fruits.
- Licking Your Lips: We can see you nodding your head. Every time you lick your lips, the chemicals in your saliva break down the skin around the lips as well. Make it a habit, take a sip of water every time you feel the urge to lick or bite your lips.
- Nutrient Deficiencies: Are your lips cracked on the side of your mouth? The reason could be low intake of iron, vitamins and zinc. To increase, one must invest in fresh leafy vegetables, fruits or you can start with multi-vitamin tablets.
Lip Care Routine For Dry Lips
Like your skincare routine, make a proper lip care routine too. The major reasons of cracked and chapped lips are dehydration, weather change, allergies or even not having a proper lip care routine. Don’t fret, here’s a short and crisp lip care routine that will help you achieve soft and plumped lips easily.
Step 1: Exfoliate Your Lips
Just like your body, your lips too accumulate dead skin cells that ultimately make them look flaky. Exfoliate your skin too but DON’T use your facial exfoliant on your lips. Your foremost step in achieving supple and hydrated lips is to remove all the dead skin cells and to do this Natural Lip care products are best solution. NicoLips Lip Lightening Scrub, is a mild scrub designed to work on your tanned, pigmented lips and ultimately restore the original colour. With natural ingredients such as Beetroot, Beeswax, Shea Butter and Walnut Oil, this natural lip scrub moisturizes, hydrates, and heal your lips. The enriched walnut granules easily remove dry skin and leave your lips plump.
Generously apply the NicoLips on the pout with a clean toothbrush or with your fingers, massage the lips in a circular motion. With the help of this scrub, you’ll not only promote blood circulation but also remove dead skin. Make it a habit of exfoliating your dry and chapped lips once or twice per week.
Ingredients in NicoLips Lip Lightening Scrub
- Beetroot Extract: With its nourishing benefits, Beetroot helps to give you plump and hydrated lips. Beetroot works on pigmentation and leaves you with smooth and supple lips.
- Almond Oil: Known for its wonderful treatment in preventing darkening & pigmentation on lips. This oil deeply moisturizes and hydrates the lips.
- Walnut: The Omegas present in the walnuts, promotes healthier skin and is known to prevent various skin diseases.
- Shea Butter: Contains fatty acids that heal your dry and chapped lips leaving them hydrated, nourished, plumped, and smooth.
Step 2: Keep Your Lips Hydrated
Your next step should be to get rid of the dryness. By now, your lips might look clean but if you look close, it’s still dry. One should invest in a hydrating lip balm such as NicoBalm Natural Lip Balm, it heals, soothes, and moisturizes your dry lips. You can invest in a lip balm, that hydrates your lips and leaves behind a subtle colour.
With Nicobalm lip balm, you can get soft, supple, and kissable lips as it provides moisture retention formula. It’s a rich blend of a variety of butter and oils, a perfect rescue dry and dehydrated lips.
Ingredients in NicoBalm Natural Lip Balm
- Shea Butter: With anti-inflammatory properties, Shea Butter heals and prevents chapped lips, leaving them soft and supple. Further, it even restores the lost pink color to your lips.
- Avocado: The Avocado oil contains sterolin that keeps lips soft and supple. The oil hydrates and nourishes the skin while keeping your skin healthy.
- Vitamin E: Boosting the blood circulation in the lips, Vitamin E helps to form new skin cells. It keeps your lips moisturized and plump.
- Beeswax: It’s a healthier substitute for petroleum that locks in moisture and forms a protective layer on the lip’s skin that protects it from sun damage, tanning, and cold weather.
Whatever you do, we repeat DON’T, pick at your lips! Just similar to skin, our lips are prone to moisture loss. Along with these two baby steps of your lipcare regime, make sure that you’re hydrated enough, avoid biting your lips, and cut down on your smoking. Chapped lips aren’t only an indicator that your lips are dry but it also conveys that your body is too dehydrated. Exfoliation and hydration are the key steps in improving the texture of your lips. Whenever your lips are feeling parched, always reach for a nourishing and moisturizing lip balm!